Production Team Leader
• To exceed customer expectations, through pro-active and effective supply against customer orders.
• To provide leadership and development to direct reports. To manage specific production areas and respective teams to meet manufacturing priorities and delivery plans.
• To ensure efficient and timely production of goods within budget, on time and in line with Company objectives.
• To inform, motivate and inspire the production team to deliver the business’ production objectives within the productivity levels.
• To lead, develop and engage a multi-skilled team to achieve this whilst maintaining the highest standards of quality and health and safety.
• To Manage and motivate the Production operatives – people management and task management.
• Coordinate the right person to the right job at the right time to meet production targets. Review skill base and numbers as required with the Production Supervisor.
• To Manage the daily production targets against the schedule to deliver efficient production output.
• Identify and solve any production issues efficiently and effectively so as to maintain production schedules; utilising the Production Specifiers or Production FLMs.
• Strive to reduce production times by constantly reviewing resources, assembly methods and factory layout where appropriate; to feedback to the Production FLMs.
• Manage non conformance reports related to manufacturing issues and promptly resolve production issues; with the production operatives.
• Manage and monitor all staff time keeping and absences including annual leave to ensure minimal disruption to planned production. Conduct Return to Work interviews and issue Attendance Improvement Plans as required.
• Monitor and review the performance of the production team and highlight, drive and escalate any necessary training and assistance for improvement.
• Highlight and escalate any disciplinary or employee grievances issues that need to be managed via the Production FLMs in a timely fashion and in line with company policy and procedure.
• Advise Production FLMs of any delays affecting customer deliveries and any events that impact on target margin together with suggested solutions to resolve such instances.
• Implement, enforce and analyse quality control and tracking programs to meet quality objectives and maintain high standards of production to avoid, detect and correct problems; (including snagging and waste management).
• Keep the production team focused on delivering excellent customer service and value.
• Attend management meetings as required.
• Implement Variations of Contract (VOC) as and when necessary.
• Manage any changes in process, products, methods as and when necessary.
• Manage any feedback from Customer Care team to ensure errors are not repeated.
• Maintain individual and team skill levels; keeping up to date with the latest production and production management concepts; and maintaining shop floor capabilities and new technologies.
• Maintain the company’s expected level of service delivery at all times to internal and external customers and remain committed to customer service excellence.
• Conduct business in an ethical and fair manner, protecting the Company’s best interests at all times.
• Manage Personal Development Reviews for Production Operatives with Production Supervisor.
• Attend training as required by the Company and take responsibility for own self-development; Contribute to improving the performance of the team by putting forward new ideas and by implementing change when requested to do so.
Interested candidates should forward their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.