We have an opportunity for a Designer to work within our Technical Design team.
Reporting to the Technical Office Manager you will play a key role in drawing-based design solutions to facilitate the design and manufacture of our stunning customer-focussed and prototype residential and leisure homes.
• Provide support where required with the design of prototype homes.
• Maintain and update, as required, the standard information library, including model layouts, constructional drawings and component modules.
• Work alongside both the sales department and, where appropriate, customers to provide bespoke space planning solutions and specification documents in line with individual customer needs.
• Provide all information required for the purchasing of materials in a timely manner. Also give support to the procurement team in the sourcing of new materials where required.
• Create and update manufacturing instruction packs for customer specific homes.
• Work in close partnership with our extensive production facilities to devise and communicate effective manufacturing solutions, whilst also constantly looking at ways to improve the manufacturing process to increase efficiencies.
• Ensure that all home designs comply with the relevant British and European standards.
• Work at all times in accordance with company processes, and assist in the development of internal protocols to support the departments commitment to excellent service through continuous improvement.
• Excellent attention to detail, driven by high working standards and a meticulous approach.
• A commitment to meeting tight deadlines whilst working under pressure, recognising the importance of timely information in a manufacturing environment.
• Enthusiastic and self-motivated, willing to put in extra effort when required.
• A proactive mind set.
• Creative problem solving skills combined with an analytical approach.
• An organised and systematic approach with good planning skills.
• An excellent team player, with good communication / listening skills and a sense of humour.
• Good practical awareness stemming from a curiosity to understand how things are constructed.
• AutoCAD and/or Revit experience preferred.
• Good IT skills, competence with Microsoft Office.
• An architectural or manufacturing based design qualification, or experience, is preferred but not essential.
• Experience of working to Building Regulations would be a strong advantage, though not essential.
• Good self-presentation skills, polite and well mannered.
• Ideally 5 GCSE’s at grade ‘5’ or above.
• Good numeracy skills.
Training will be provided to applicants who are able to demonstrate these skills.
The right candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary and opportunity to work as part of a dynamic design team within a market leading manufacturing business.
Interested candidates should forward their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.