We have a brand new role within our Facilities team for a Tool Maintenance Engineer at Rushden site.
Purpose of Role
Management of all tooling, machinery and access equipment that is on site, including
- Manage/oversee the repair and maintenance of all company tooling, machinery and access equipment;
- Continuous improvement of processes to drive down tool costs
- Improve tooling awareness across the site
- Reduce damages (including logging of issues and identifying cause)
- Improve tooling lifespan
- Manage and maintain an accurate and up to date tool register
- Liaise with suppliers to negotiate tool prices and chase repairs;
- Undertake and oversee all tooling/machinery training for new starters and any refreshing of any current employees;
- Monitor and review the performance of all tooling/machinery and highlight, drive and escalate any necessary training and areas for improvement;
- Manage and maintain daily tool and machinery checks; logging of damages, costs and accountability. Escalating to senior management where appropriate.
Experience, Skills and Attributes:
Ideally the successful job holder will have a mechanical maintenance/engineer qualification and be able to demonstrate the following:
- A good understanding of how to service pneumatic and electrical tooling;
- Extensive experience and proven track record in production;
- Technical knowledge of woodworking machinery;
- Experience working with Microsoft Office software (specifically Word and Excel).
- Driving License;
- Experience in training others;
- Electrical knowledge/skills/experience
The above is a summary of the job description which is available from HR on request (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applicants should forward their CV and Letter of interest to Julie Britton, HR Manager, at Julie.email@example.com
Please ensure your application contains full details of your skills and experience to date.
Closing Date for Applications: 23 February 2018