RECRUITMENT OPPORTUNITY: FOR A PRODUCTION FIRST LINE MANAGER (FLM)
Purpose of Role:
To lead, develop and engage a multi-skilled team to achieve operational programs and activities whilst maintaining the highest standards of quality and Health and Safety. The workplace environment is both challenging and fast paced. The role will involve managing tradesmen, therefore experience within a specific trade is key, along with good understanding of building trade build processes.
You will need to be someone who is driven and thrives on challenges. Working for Prestige Homeseeker is demanding and you will be relied on to provide leadership, direction and expertise whilst being under pressure to achieve targets.
About the Company:
Prestige Homeseeker Park & Leisure Homes are a reputable and rapidly growing, specialist manufacturer of high quality and bespoke Park Homes and Lodges with over 40 years’ worth of experience in the industry. We have two manufacturing facilities based in Rushden and Kettering and provide Park Homes and Lodges for customers nationally. As a company we currently employ around 450 people across the 2 sites. We are privately owned, with the owners driving the business, and maintaining the family people culture.
• Plan and control the daily production targets and schedule to deliver efficient production output;
• Manage and take responsibility for the manpower and site material control to meet production targets;
• Identify and solve any production issues efficiently and effectively so as to maintain production schedules;
• Initiate plans and processes to minimise manufacturing costs through effective utilisation of labour, equipment, facilities, and materials;
• Monitor and review the performance of the production team and organise necessary training and assistance for improvement – including a multi-skilling development plan;
• Support, manage and monitor Team Leaders day to day performance;
• Ensure that employee grievances are addressed in a timely fashion and in line with company policy and procedure;
• Work with the Quality Control Manager to implement, enforce and analyse quality control and tracking programs to meet quality objectives and maintain high standards of production to avoid, detect and correct problems;
• Keep the production team focused on delivering excellent customer service and value;
Experience and Knowledge:
• Extensive experience and proven track record in production management;
• Technical knowledge of production processes;
• Technical knowledge of building trade processes;
• Experience working with Microsoft Office software
Skills, Competencies and Abilities:
• Ability to present and effectively communicate information accurately and in a timely fashion;
• Able to effectively plan daily workforce schedules;
• Able to identify source of problems in advance that could result in production issues;
• Able to build and maintain a constructive and positive relationship with team members;
• Understand and apply the Company’s expected quality standards and apply to finished goods;
• Capable of working largely under own initiative with ability to self-direct and remain focused on core business objectives;
• Ability to take the initiative under pressure and in the absence of detailed information;
• Excellent communication and influencing skills with an ability to communicate to a broad range of personalities at all levels;
• Resilience in coping with pressure, often to meet tight deadlines;
• Able to apply positive pressure when required to achieve desired outcome;
• Ability to support and direct team members to achieve maximum performance levels;
• Excellent time management and organisational skills;
• Excellent literacy and numeracy skills;
• Confident decision making ability;
• Highly motivated and solutions driven;
• Team player;
• Possess a flexible, supportive and approachable manner;
• Willingness and flexibility to adapt to new methods and tasks;
• Positively assertive;
• Leadership qualities.
Applicants should forward their CV/Letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org please ensure your application contains full details of your skills and experience to date.
Closing Date for Applications: 15th June 2018
Prestige Homeseeker continues to invest in young people and would like to welcome trainee Michael Arnett to the sales team. Michael is new to the industry and we are optimistic that he will thrive in his new role as Trainee Sales Executive. His role will involve visiting every park to gain industry knowledge, so please join us in welcoming Michael to the park home and leisure industry.
Debbie Foulke our Managing Director says “Our young colleagues, apprentices and trainees are the future of our organisation. They bring passion, ambition and fresh ideas and we want to make sure they have a nurturing and supportive environment to work in.”
She added: “We are truly committed to the training and development of young people and demonstrates that Prestige Homeseeker is an employer of choice both locally and in the wider area.”
Michael Arnett says “I am very excited to be given the opportunity to join a company that is so well regarded across the industry. I think it’s a great company for young people to work for. It is hard for young people to find good jobs that will give them the experience they need to move forward in their career. I look forward to both working with and learning from the experienced sales team at Prestige Homeseeker to gain industry knowledge – all of which will serve me well in the future“
Darwin Escapes Talks Collaboration
Darwin Escapes is a UK based holiday home company, we currently have 21 locations, with 8 offering holiday home ownership and 2 golf courses, we are also continually expanding our portfolio. Our destinations range from Yorkshire, the Lake District and North Wales, to Devon, Dorset and the southernmost point in Cornwall. As a multi award-winning company, our most recent achievement is our very own Woodside Bay Lodge Retreat in the Isle of Wight, winning the AA Best Holiday Centre of the Year for 2018! We create luxurious holiday destinations, with sumptuous accommodation and top of the range facilities.
Darwin Escapes and Prestige Homeseeker have teamed up with interior design influencer, Charlotte Amor Valentine, from The Home That Made Me, to create a beautiful and one of a kind, prototype Buckland Lodge! Charlotte will be designing the whole interior of the lodge, from fixtures such as flooring, seating and units, to finishing touches including lamps, bedding and cushions. The lodge will then be transported to Darwin Escapes’ location in Devon, Hawkchurch Resort & Spa and will be available to purchase.
Charlotte is the talented creator of The Home That Made Me brand, with over 97,000 followers on Instagram, she has a fabulously engaged audience who follow her love of interiors and her life, including her family with Mr The Home That Made Me and the littles, and not forgetting her adorable Pug, Mungo. Charlotte also has a fantastic blog which hosts information on DIY makeovers, shabby chic upcycles, tips, tricks and tutorials, as well as lots of must-haves for the interior enthusiasts out there under the ‘shop my style’ section. Charlotte will be turning her very talented hand to the prototype Buckland, 3-bedroom lodge with built in decking.
This collaboration will help expose the idea of holiday home ownership to the growing world of interior enthusiasts, which is Charlotte’s target market and something both her, Darwin Escapes, and Prestige Homeseeker are passionate about. We really wanted to showcase that your holiday home is a ‘home away from home’ where you can add your personal style to all aspects of the holiday home, with those personal finishing touches throughout the lodge. Charlotte has previously worked with Darwin Escapes, penning a blog post about how you can create a true home from home in your holiday home, and we wanted to make that dream a reality for her, and ask her to design her very own lodge from scratch! Charlotte will be showcasing the whole process via her Instagram posts and stories, as well as her blog for you to follow.
Darwin Escapes chose to partner with Prestige Homeseeker for this fabulous collaboration as they are one of the leading forces in the industry, always willing to try new things and enthusiastic about new projects. Being innovative in this industry takes hard work and talent, which Silvano and his team are known for, as well as being known for stunning lodges, beautiful interiors and have a talented eye for detail. We also know how fabulous the team are at Prestige Homeseeker, and how much fun they would have designing the lodge with Charlotte!
So make sure to follow Darwin Escapes, Prestige Homeseeker, and The Home That Made Me on Instagram for more details and updates on this one of a kind lodge!
Prestige Homeseeker Founder Director, Silvano Geranio, meets our local MP, Peter Bone. Peter was present when our new factory opened back in 2008 & was pleased to hear of the growth of the company since our move & now employing over 400 people in Northamptonshire. Discussions were had on how Off Site Manufacturing & Park Homes could provide part of the solution for the current housing crisis plus raising awareness of how Park Homes are now in high demand as a real alternative to a brick built bungalow. If you think Park Homes should be part of the housing solution please let us know so we can forward your views to Peter so our views can be raised in Parliament.
After the launch of the Prestige & Homeseeker apprenticeship programme in June, 15 successful candidates are now settling into their new roles within the business. The 15 candidates based over two manufacturing sites, Kettering and Rushden, will now complete a two-year maintenance operations apprenticeship programme and work alongside skilled and experienced team leaders. They will complete 4 elements of trade: carpentry, decorating, plumbing and electrics.
New apprentice Loren commented: “Everyone is really nice and supportive and the atmosphere is good, I learnt a lot in my first week”.
Twins Alex and James said “It’s been really enjoyable, we see it as an exciting opportunity”.
Prestige and Homeseeker Academy was introduced to develop young talent from within, ensuring the business has the skills, knowledge and capability to continue to be a success in the future.
About Prestige and Homeseeker Park & Leisure Homes
Established in 1987, Prestige & Homeseeker are the UK’s leading park home and leisure lodge manufacturer.
They have an admirable reputation for iconic designs, quality and service which is combined with highly driven and motivated employees, making them one of the largest park home and leisure lodge manufacturers in the industry. Even though they have grown significantly over the years, with over 450 employees in and around the Northamptonshire area, they still retain that personal touch; a family company with ‘old fashioned values’.
For more information contact:
Prestige & Homeseeker Park & Leisure Homes
8 Shipton Way
Express Business Park
Tel: 0845 0702345